The Kabara Entrepreneur-In-Training Program offers selected Saint Mary’s University sophomore students the opportunity to bring their creative passions to life. During their junior and senior year participating student entrepreneurs will journey through the various stages of the entrepreneurial process by collaborating and working in partnerships with select mentors, industry experts, and faculty members. This entrepreneurial training program is for highly motivated students who want to launch their organizations either before or shortly after graduation. Additionally, trainees will have the opportunity to pitch their entrepreneurial ideas to outside investors as an avenue to obtain funding.
The Entrepreneur-In-Training program will result in the development of a final business plan.
- Concept validation
- Coaching, mentoring, networking, and shadowing opportunities with experts
- Application of learned skills directly related to your chosen venture
- A completed Business Plan ready for investor review
- A fun and interactive environment where a “can do” attitude prevails
- The opportunity to earn up to 3 independent study credits and a Certificate of Completion from the Kabara Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies
Eligibility & Application
This program is open to all sophomores regardless of major. Up to 2 individuals can apply as a team, and 3 entrepreneurial groups will be selected. No prior business background is required.
Selected participants must be able to commit to the program and be available through the academic year.
A completed Kabara Entrepreneur-In- Training Application Form and Reference Form must be sent to kabarainstitute@ smumn.edu.
Applications for the 2018-2019 are due by September 1, 2018.
For additional information about this program, please contact: Christine Beech at firstname.lastname@example.org