For current Saint Mary’s students
The Kabara Institute aims to incite a passion for entrepreneurial spirit in students across the university, regardless of their major field of study, to enhance the entrepreneurship program offerings at Saint Mary’s University by providing opportunities for students to interact with entrepreneurs and experience entrepreneurship first-hand, and to foster a greater understanding and appreciation of the importance of entrepreneurs and entrepreneurship in our society.
The Saint Mary’s University Business Department and the Kabara Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies periodically sponsor business plan competitions to engage and reward business-minded students at Saint Mary’s.
- Must be full-time undergraduate students on the SMU Winona campus
- May participate as an individual or as a team of two students
- All majors are encourage to take part
The Business Plan:
- Develop a business plan for a business that YOU would like to start.
- The business does not need to be an on-campus business.
- The projected start-up costs and initial capital required may not exceed $10,000.
Contents of the plan:
- a one-page executive summary
- a concept statement
- anticipated startup costs
- a preliminary marketing plan
- potential suppliers and/or manufacturing processes (as applicable)
- a discussion of operating considerations (staffing, operating hours, etc.)
- pro-forma financial statements for the first year of operation
- references for the data sources used in the plan
- contact information for each of the individuals submitting the proposal
Criteria for judging the plans:
- feasibility of the proposed project
- comprehensiveness of the business plan
- reasonableness of the assumptions used to create the plan
$1,500 in prizes
Wondering when the next Business Plan Competition is happening? Email email@example.com.